Surgery Scheduler - MA/LPN
Department: Ohio County Pain Management
Status/Schedule: Full Time (1 position available)
Location: Hartford, KY
For more information contact: Felicia Nicely, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 5 years’ experience scheduling experience in a healthcare environment preferably out patient or surgical environment is required. Experience in customer service is very desirable. Hospital registration or admitting experience is desirable. Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with medical diagnostic procedures, CPT code knowledge and health care billing and authorization is required. Must be able to type 40+ wpm. Strong computer skills. Strong negotiation skills. Familiar with Excel, Word, and Windows. Must have excellent organization skills and be detail oriented. Must be highly skilled in verbal communication, problem solving, prioritization, and organization. Knowledge of HIPPA/Confidentiality desired.
- Schedule surgery procedures, answer phones, complete post op data entry, complete reports as needed, complete daily surgical schedule and distributes as appropriate, filing and organizing as needed, assures appropriate coordination with other hospital departments when special surgical needs occur.
- Complete insurance authorizations prior to surgery.
- Assures that all the appropriate clinical and insurance coding information is collected for the surgery schedule.
- Additional duties as needed.