- Patients & Visitors
- About Us
- Our Services
- Get Involved
- Media & Events
Ohio County Hospital realized a decade long dream in 1936 with the construction of a medical clinic in Hartford under the leadership of Dr. Marion Crowder.
In 1953, Dr.Oscar Allen began an effort to acquire financing for a hospital. Three years later in 1956, a 30-bed facility opened on land donated by Leslie B. Carden, a Hartford businessman and civic leader. Since that time, the hospital has undergone several major constructions and renovation projects.
Today, Ohio County Healthcare, which operates under the legal name of Ohio County Hospital Corporation, is a non-profit Joint Commission accredited health system which provides a wide range of hospital, primary care and specialty physician services.
Patient care services can be accessed at any of our 11 locations which include:
Ohio County Healthcare’s specialty areas are comprised of Behavioral Health, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynecology, Primary Care, Orthopaedic, Otolaryngology (ENT), Pain Management, and Urology. Over 550 employees – including 40 physicians and nurse practitioners - are committed to improving the health of the community and surrounding areas by caring, serving, and educating patients on their individual health needs.
Ohio County Healthcare is a non-profit facility. A local board of trustees, consisting of community members, serves without pay and provides operational oversight to the Hospital’s Administration. The Hospital has contracted with Ovation Healthcare (formerly known as Quorum Health Resources) of Nashville, Tennessee since 1984 for management consulting services.