Status/Schedule: Part Time
Posting Date: 10/08/2020
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Master's degree in social work and current Kentucky license
- Experience: Preferred 2 years
- Gathers and updates knowledge of available Community Resources and assists the Patient/Family and Staff in utilizing appropriate resources.
- Accepts referrals for Hospice and explains Hospice Care and Philosophy to potential Hospice Patients and Families.
- Initiates and coordinates Social Services to aid the Patient/Family from institutional care to Hospice home care.
- Conducts initial and ongoing Social Assessments of Patients as indicated by Hospice policy.
- Updates plan of care as indicated by Social Assessments.
- Upon request by Hospice team member, arranges for DME/Supplies to be delivered to Patient’s home.
- Attends Interdisciplinary team meetings and contributes to the plan of care regarding needs of Hospice Patients/Families.
- Assess Patient/Family needs and refer to appropriate resources.
- Evaluates and assesses Patient/Family insurance coverage and refers to Community Based Services for financial assist, if applicable.
- Accompanies Hospice Team member on Hospice admissions and completes paperwork necessary for Hospice admission.
- Explains Hospice Medicare/Medicaid insurance benefits to Patient/Families.
- Is familiar with the concept of death/dying as related to the terminally ill.
- Participates in the orientation, training and coordination of Hospice volunteers.
- Assists with bereavement services.
- Participates in opportunities for continuing education and professional self development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Observes personal hygiene and dress code as outlined in the hospital policy handbook.
- Contacts and utilizes community resources and other pertinent sources in order to mobilize services on patient’s behalf.
- Maintains Social Work License.
- Actions are consistent with the Hospital’s Purpose, Vision and Values. The Social Worker will also adhere to the Hospital’ Legal Compliance Program.
- Prior to requesting time off, will arrange for Hospice coverage by contracted Social Worker and will notify Director of Hospice of arrangement prior to time off.