Respiratory Therapist (PT)
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Status/Schedule: Part Time
For more information contact: Chelsea Johnson, email@example.com
- Education: KBRC License. CPR required. ACLS and PALS preferred.
- Experience: Preferred 2 to 5 years experience.
- The Respiratory Therapists are to perform cardiopulmonary treatments and services to patients.
- Respiratory staff will work under the Respiratory Supervisor, Respiratory Manager, and Director of Ancillary Services.
- Respiratory staff must be able to lift patients, push equipment, work under stress, make independent judgements regarding patient care, and deal professionally with others.
- They are responsible for assuring that services are provided in a manner that is consistent with Ohio County Hospital policies, procedures, as well as the purpose, vision, and values.
- Respiratory Therapists must be proficient at taking vital signs, assessing and monitoring patient’s cardiopulmonary status, and performing CPR and basic first aid if needed.
- Respiratory Therapists are responsible for (but not limited to) aerosol therapy, oxygen therapy, pulmonary function testing, peak flow monitoring, incentive spirometry, noninvasive ventilation management (BiPAP and CPAP), proper Code Blue response and resuscitation, ventilator management, percussion therapy, electrocardiograms (EKG), Holter/Event set-up/scanning, stress testing, arterial blood gases, and electroencephalography.
- ***This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to fulfill the essential job functions and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this position. Other specific job-related knowledge and skills may be required.