RN - Orthopedics Nurse Navigator
Department: Surgical Services
Status/Schedule: Full Time
Location: Hartford, KY
For more information contact: Alicia Crume, email@example.com
- Education: Associates in Nursing, BSN preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of ortho clinical experience, preferred 1 year experience in joint camp
- Additional requirements / comments / education / experience / skills, registration or certification: BLS required
- The Orthopedics Nurse Navigator functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and serves as an advocate and educator for patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment.
- The Orthopedic Navigator's primary function is to ensure the patient remains compliant with the treatment plan. Navigators achieve this goal by building relationships with patients and physicians, coordinating the plan of care, assisting with appointments, transportation needs, education, resource provision and/or representation within the multidisciplinary care environment.
- The Nurse Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high-quality outcomes for patients, including support with interdisciplinary and cross facility coverage and collaboration.