Status/Schedule: Full Time
Location: Hartford, KY
For more information contact: Hilliary Edelen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Phlebotomy experience 2 years in all areas (geriatric, pediatric, neonate, routine, heel sticks, finger sticks). Collection of urine/blood drug screens- chain of custody. Prefer certification in DOT collections. Computer skills are required.
- Phlebotomy experience in all areas (geriatric, pediatric, neonate, routine, heel sticks, finger sticks); certification preferred.
- Collection of urine/blood drug screens – chain of custody.
- Prefer certification in DOT collections.
- Computer skills are required.
- Responsible for daily routine duties in lab as outlined below.
- Must be flexible for scheduling purposes.
- Responsible for assuring that services are provided in a manner that is consistent with Ohio County Hospital policies and procedures and the purpose, vision, and values.
- Must be neat, clean, and professional in appearance.
- Exhibit positive human relations.
- Must follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen collection, handling, processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Will perform only those waived tests that are approved by Lab Director and commensurate with the person’s education, training or experience and technical abilities.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all quality control activities performed.
- Must be capable of identifying problems with specimen collection that may adversely affect test results and either must correct the problem immediately or notify supervisor of problem before proceeding with specimen processing.
- Must maintain a safe work environment.
- Maintain specimen collection area and equipment and collection trays in a clean orderly manner.
- Contribute to the efficient operations of the laboratory.
- Required to travel offsite to collect lab specimens on occasion.
- Responsible for data entry of specimens into the hospital computer system.
- Required to collect urine and blood drug screens.
- May be requested to be member of QI team.