MA/PSR - Midwest ENT (operated by Ohio County Healthcare) - PRN
Department: Midwest ENT (operated by Ohio County Healthcare)
Location: Owensboro, KY
For more information contact: Felicia Nicely, email@example.com
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred 1 year but not required
- Experience with Eclinical Works & medical terminology a plus
- Customer service skills, detail oriented, strong organizational skills & excellent verbal/written skills required.
The patient services representative (PSR) is responsible for a variety of administrative functions and patient care activities in support of the clinic to include - checking-in/outpatients collecting co-pays, verifying insurance, scheduling appointments and assist ng clinical staff to provide support for the efficient delivery of patient care.
- MEDICAL ASSISTING: Assists assigned provider in giving patients great care, includes: scheduling, organizing patient flow, physical exam preparations, drug administration, prescription verification with physician orders, minor surgery assistance, surgical tray set-up, patient care instruction, performing other duties as assigned by provider.
- PATIENT CARE: Provides great patient care, including: assisting patients to and from exam rooms, collecting patient history, performing screenings, taking vital signs, performing waived testing laboratory procedures, applying dressings, performing therapeutic modalities, performing EKG’s, removing sutures, giving injections, performing capillary punctures and venipunctures, and performing other duties within scope of practice that exceeds patient expectations.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: Provides performance improvement activities that improve patient health while increasing quality of services and care provided. Responsibilities include: seeing that patient screenings are up-to-date, cooperating in setting and implementing improvement priorities, assuring that all scheduled referrals and outside testing is completed and properly followed up-on, responding timely to patient messages and request, and addressing infection control issues.
- CLERICAL FUNCTIONS: Understands and fully utilizes electronic medical records, assist provider in fully utilizing medical records, assures that records properly reflect services provided to patient, accurately and appropriately charting personal patient care encounters, sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, demographics, etc.; maintaining equipment/sterilization, as needed; appropriate handling of laboratory specimen, maintaining required laboratory quality control and sample medicine logs, ordering and maintaining medical and office supplies, and appropriately handling biohazard waste disposal and monitoring.
- ENVIRONMENTAL/ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Fulfills organizational requirements including: respecting and promoting patient rights, responding to emergencies appropriate, identifying and addressing practice priorities, understands compliance and carries out activities in full compliance with outside-mandated and internally-imposed requirements; and completes other duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pain management