Patient Service Representative - Midwest ENT (operated by Ohio County Healthcare)
May 24, 2023 |
Department: Midwest ENT (operated by Ohio County Healthcare)
Status/Schedule: Full Time
Location: Owensboro, KY
For more information contact: Felicia Nicely, email@example.com
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred 1 year but not required
- Experience with Eclinical Works & medical terminology a plus
- Customer service skills, detail oriented, strong organizational skills & excellent verbal/written skills required.
The patient services representative (PSR) is responsible for a variety of administrative functions and patient care activities in support of the clinic to include - checking-in/outpatients collecting co-pays, verifying insurance, scheduling appointments and assist ng clinical staff to provide support for the efficient delivery of patient care.
- Opening and closing the office
- Ensure waiting area is always neat
- Answering phones and directing to appropriate dept/staff
- Create patient telephone encounters/actions/messages for other staff
- Scheduling appointments
- Screen patients for possible contagious illnesses and providing direction if patient should be seen via telemedicine
- Scheduling referral appointments such as specialty care, diagnostic testing, PT, etc.
- Entering patient demographics in to E Verification of insurance eligibility and benefits
- Obtain required forms (Registration, Health History, Third Party Liability, NPP, and Consents)Identify insurance coverages and distinguish between primary, secondary & tertiary
- Obtain case in jury information for Workman’s Comp and VA Check patient in and out
- Contact patients that no show or Cancel/ Reschedule
- Report from confirmation calls
- Live confirmation calls for upcoming appointments
- Obtained and enter referral information Mark No Shows in daily schedules
- Scan demographic documents into the patients chart in
- Report daily on no shows and rescheduling trends
- Open mail; distribute to appropriate individual/team
- Collect copays, TOS payments, prepayments and any outstanding balances
- Close out and balance cash drawer; complete bank deposit
- Balance daily transactions
- Run day end review and billing summary
- Work front-end billing denials
- Obtain, log in/out, distribute to appropriate clinical staff and follow up on outstanding incoming forms: disability, FMLA, handicapped permits, etc.
- Read and comprehend patient billing to answer general questions
- General financial counseling: patient balances, payment options, setup payment plans
- Prep daily schedules and identify outstanding balances for upcoming appointments
- Have ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with patient, physicians, and other teammates.