Patient Access/Receptionist Hartford (PRN)
Department: Provider Practice
Status/Schedule: PRN (As Needed)
Shift: Monday thru Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday thru Sunday 9am-5pm
Posting Date: 10/08/2020
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Preferred but not required
- Receives all incoming telephone calls for multiple providers. Will redirect phone calls to appropriate staff members by directly transferring calls to employee extensions as needed. Takes messages and distributes as appropriate using the EMR system.
- Will schedule appointments with all Providers making sure that the patient’s needs are met in a timely fashion and utilizing all Providers and locations.
- Communicates with clinical staff in order to coordinate the smooth flow of patients’ needs.
- Will respond to telephone messages during same shift in which they are received.
- Will be available to step in as front desk, check-in, or call center as needed. Greet customers in personable, friendly, professional, and enthusiastic manner.
- Obtain/verify accurate demographic and billing information on patients at each visit. Obtain/verify eligibility via internet websites. Scan documents into patient's electronic record in organized manner. Collect co-pays and payments from patients. Gather all necessary demographic information as needed.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Reports any concerns relating to patient care and/or compliance through proper channels promptly.
- Attends 100% of all mandatory hospital or department meetings/in-services.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor. Job description represents 80% of job requirements. Employee will perform other duties if and when required.