Medical Assistant--Wellness Advocate
Status/Schedule: Full Time
For more information contact: Leslie Bradshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Licensed as a RMA or CCMA
- Experience: Preferred 2 years
- Perform and schedule annual wellness visits under the guidance and supervision of our medical providers.
- Set performance goals with ACO Coordinator to strive for Outstanding Care Here each month.
- Participate in daily huddles with Wellness Team. Identify scheduling opportunities, determine special needs for patients arriving at that office/clinic day, identify patients overdue for AWV and those with missed appointments needing rescheduling. Ensure sharing of positive patient stories or compliments involving care team efforts.
- Ensure review of patient record to identify gaps in problem list prior to provider visit, post reminders to secure that all comorbidities are discussed and documented during AWV.
- Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers as indicated by physician or qualified healthcare provider.
- Establish counseling services or providing resources to assist with obesity, tobacco cessation, diabetes prevention/management, depression, anxiety and managing cardiovascular disease as directed by the provider.