Status/Schedule: Full Time (4 positions)
For more information contact: Hilliary Edelen, email@example.com
- Education: Bachelor of Science preferred or minimum of Associate Applied Science. MLT/CLT or MT/MLS certification.
- Experience: Preferred 2 years.
- Responsible for assuring that services are provided in a manner that is consistent with Ohio County Healthcare policies and procedures and the Purpose, Vision, and Values. OCH - performs Outstanding Care Here! Every employee, providing outstanding care every time, to every person, no matter where the encounter occurs.
- Comply with all organizational and laboratory policies/procedures.
- Package, ship, result, and call Covid-19 results from reference laboratories (to include scanning results into the LIS order).
- Tech duties of a (Generalist): will rotate in all departments - Phlebotomy/specimen processing, Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Immunohematology, Urinalysis, Serology, and Microbiology.
- Perform testing by monitoring testing equipment and systems for acceptable analytical performance. Provides direction for non-certified staff performing waived testing.
- Ensures corrective actions are taken prior to patient test results being reported.
- Provides orientation of testing personnel responsible for specimen processing, test performance, reporting of test result, and for instrument maintenance and calibration of test systems at defined intervals.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling, processing, and testing. Performs proficiency testing or blind specimens as assigned to assess competencies. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance performed. Follow laboratory policy and procedures when test systems are not within the lab's acceptable level of performance.
- Must identify problems that may adversely affect test results and either must correct the problems immediately or notify Lab Manager.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- All other duties assigned by Lab Manager or Lab Supervisor.
- The job description reflects the general details considered necessary to fulfill the essential job functions and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this position.