Status/Schedule: Full Time
Location: Hartford, KY & Owensboro, KY
For more information contact: Felicia Nicely, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: current licensure as RT (R) required
- Experience: Preferred 2 years of relevant experience in a clinical office setting.
- Additional Requirements: CCMA, RMA required. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree/certification
Responsible for performing a variety of clinical and administrative duties. Assists in patient care as assigned and under direction of physician or nurse practitioner. Regularly performs patient care duties. Handles clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
- Medical Assisting: Assists assigned provider in giving patients excellent care. Includes scheduling, prior authorizations, filing, staffing oversight, organizing patient flow, physical exam preparations, drug administration, prescription verification with providers orders, minor procedure assistance, surgical tray set-up, patient care instruction, monitor patient compliance and follow up on labs or imaging that was not completed, casting application and removal, proper splinting, fitting patients for bracing, inputting orders accurately, gathering appropriate information, stocking utilized areas, obtain patient vitals, fully utilize EHR, answer patients calls in a courteous and timely manner , surgery scheduling, performing other duties as assigned by provider or administration.
- Patient Care: Provides great patient care, including assisting patients to and from exam rooms, collecting patient history, performing screenings, taking vital signs, performing waived testing laboratory procedures, applying dressings, performing therapeutic modalities, performing EKG’s, removing sutures, giving injections, performing capillary punctures and venipunctures, and performing other duties within scope of practice that exceeds patient expectations.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: Provides performance improvement activities that improve patient health while increasing quality of services and care provided. Responsibilities include: seeing that patient screenings are up-to-date, cooperating in setting and implementing improvement priorities, assuring that all scheduled referrals and outside testing is completed and properly followed up on, responding timely to patient messages and request, and addressing infection control issues.
- CLERICAL FUNCTIONS: Understands and fully utilizes electronic medical records, assist provider in fully utilizing medical records, assures that records properly reflect services provided to patient, accurately and appropriately charting personal patient care encounters, sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, demographics, etc.; maintaining equipment/sterilization, as needed; appropriate handling of laboratory specimen, maintaining required laboratory quality control and sample medicine logs, ordering and maintaining medical and office supplies, and appropriately handling biohazard waste disposal and monitoring.
- ENVIRONEMNTAL/ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILTIES: Fulfills organizational requirements including: respecting and promoting patient rights, responding to emergencies appropriate, identifying and addressing practice priorities, understands compliance and carries out activities in full compliance with outside-mandated and internally-imposed requirements, and completes other duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pain management
- Frequently accesses email and other organizational messaging platforms to stay up to date on information within the organization and provides a way of communication between staff members.
- Performs all procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures of OCH and adheres to legal compliance issues.