MA/LPN - Bowling Green Clinic (operated by Ohio County Healthcare)
Department: General Surgery-Bowling Green Clinic (operated by Ohio County Healthcare)
Location: Bowling Green, KY
For more information contact: Felicia Nicely, email@example.com
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: (2) years of relevant experience in a clinical office setting preferred.
- Additional requirements / comments / education / experience / skills, registration or certification: CCMA, RMA required. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree/certification
A nonexempt position responsible for performing a variety of clinical and administrative duties. Assists in patient care as assigned and under direction of physician or nurse practitioner. Regularly performs patient care duties. Handles clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Provided information to patients may fully utilize and benefit from the clerical services.
- MEDICAL ASSISTING: Assists assigned provider in giving patients great care, includes: scheduling, organizing patient flow, physical exam preparations, drug administration, prescription verification with physician orders, minor surgery assistance, surgical tray set-up, patient care instruction, performing other duties as assigned by provider.
- PATIENT CARE: Provides great patient care, including: assisting patients to and from exam rooms, collecting patient history, performing screenings, taking vital signs, performing waived testing laboratory procedures, applying dressings, performing therapeutic modalities, performing EKG’s, removing sutures, giving injections, performing capillary punctures and venipunctures, and performing other duties within scope of practice that exceeds patient expectations.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: Provides performance improvement activities that improve patient health while increasing quality of services and care provided. Responsibilities include: seeing that patient screenings are up-to-date, cooperating in setting and implementing improvement priorities, assuring that all scheduled referrals and outside testing is completed and properly followed up-on, responding timely to patient messages and request, and addressing infection control issues.
- CLERICAL FUNCTIONS: Understands and fully utilizes electronic medical records, assist provider in fully utilizing medical records, assures that records properly reflect services provided to patient, accurately and appropriately charting personal patient care encounters, sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, demographics, etc.; maintaining equipment/sterilization, as needed; appropriate handling of laboratory specimen, maintaining required laboratory quality control and sample medicine logs, ordering and maintaining medical and office supplies, and appropriately handling biohazard waste disposal and monitoring.
- ENVIRONMENTAL/ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Fulfills organizational requirements including: respecting and promoting patient rights, responding to emergencies appropriate, identifying and addressing practice priorities, understands compliance and carries out activities in full compliance with outside-mandated and internally-imposed requirements; and completes other duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pain management