Department: HIM/Medical Records
Status/Schedule: Part Time
For more information contact: Cynthia Barrow, email@example.com
- Education: Certification preferred
- Experience: Preferred 1 year
- Transcribes medical dictation from WinScribe dictation system into CPSI and ecw.
- Assures that dictation is transcribed on the correct patient/account. Selects correct report type. Prioritizes dictation, i.e., stat reports, H&P’s, OR’s, etc. and transcribes accordingly. Transcribes reports accurately and efficiently as dictated. Proofreads. Monitors surgery schedule against pending dictations / transcribes pending H&Ps. Clarifies any questions or discrepancies about dictation with appropriate staff or provider. Prints copies and/or faxes information to any provider who dictates a report as well as for any provider, clinic, nursing home, etc. as indicated. Prints original reports to Med Surg or ICU for inhouse patients. Logs reports in the chart deficiency maintenance screen in CPSI at time of transcription on inpatients, observation, outpatient surgery patients or other significant encounters.
- Safeguards confidentiality.
- Follows HIPAA, compliance and all organizational policies and procedures
- Answers phone promptly with a friendly, professional tone. Communicates with visitors, co-workers & medical staff in a friendly, professional manner. Respectful of all.
- General knowledge of HIM departmental functions. Attends mandatory and other pertinent in-services. Communicates problems / concerns to Director. Knowledge of Policy Tech and Common share. Embodies OCH.
- Other duties as assigned.