Status/Schedule: Full Time (2 positions)
Location: Hartford, KY
For more information contact: Angela Dowden, email@example.com
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Previous HIM experience & medical terminology preferred
- Additional Requirements: Previous computer experience required. Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
The job description reflects the general details considered necessary to fulfill the essential job functions and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this position. Other specific job-related knowledge and skills may be required.
- Operations – This position is the first access for patients that phone or come in. Responds to requests for records as needed. Responds to requests for Medical Records from the business office. Works FAX queue and ensures all documents are routed appropriately. Daily checks off ER/OP records against census report. Scans ER’s and other account types. Retrieves mail from mailroom. Mails/ faxes documents to appropriate providers for signatures as necessary. Routes charts to appropriate personnel or location. Accesses eCW as indicated. Scans all loose reports received on a regular basis in the appropriate location/chart (inc. order entry) to assist in keeping backlog to a minimum. Validates completed records. Covers for other positions within the HIM Staff as needed.
- HIPAA / Compliance - Safeguards confidentiality. Follows HIPAA, compliance and all hospital policies. Assures Release of Information is done in accordance with hospital policy and HIPAA standards. Handles phone and other customer requests for information. Verifies right to access or authorizations are HIPAA compliant and follows procedure. Logs disclosures in CPSI for accounting purposes.
- Communications: Greets all customers at front desk in a friendly, efficient and timely manner. Answers phones promptly with a friendly, professional tone. Communicates with visitors, co-workers and medical staff in a friendly, professional manner. Respectful to all.
- General Departmental Functions: General knowledge of HIM departmental functions. Attends mandatory and other pertinent inservices. Communicates problems / concerns to Director. Embodies OCH values. Knowledge of Policy Tech and Common Share. Other duties as assigned.
- May be requested to be member of QI team.
- Frequently accesses email and staff calendar to stay up to date on information within the organization and provides a way of communication between staff members.