Courier/Facility Assistant (PRN)
Status/Schedule: PRN (As needed)
Posting Date: 04/06/2021
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Courier will follow pick-up and delivery destinations, as much as possible, per route schedule.
- Will also be responsible for non-scheduled pick-up or delivers as deemed by Director(s) or designee.
- Pick-up or deliveries will be assessed as Emergent or Urgent to determine necessity of schedule changes to avoid conflicts.
- Chart out shortest and most efficient way to reach delivery destination on conventional maps or the GPS.
- Drive delivery vehicle to the destination by ensuring delivery haul integrity at all times.
- Pick up parcels containing medical records and charts and patient samples and read and understand instructions for care.
- Place or stack safely in delivery vehicle along with corresponding papers and receipts.
- Verify name of the recipient by checking identities and hand over parcels to them.
- Ascertain that signatures are obtained on receipts and that any correlating paperwork is handed over.
- Return any undelivered packs / parcels to the facility and provide valid reasons for failed deliveries.
- Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on delivery vehicle including oil changes, tire air pressure and fueling.
- May be assigned general maintenance duties between scheduled routes.