Coding Specialist II (potential for remote work)
May 24, 2023 |
Department: Health Information Management
Status/Schedule: Full Time
Location: Hartford, KY (possible remote work)
For more information contact: Angela Dowden, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: 2 years preferred; High School diploma accepted depending on certifications; RHIA/RHIT or eligibility to take exams preferred
- Experience: 2+ years coding experience with willingness to take CCA/CCS exam within 1 year of hire
- Codes ER, OP, outpatient surgery & therapy records following accepted coding guidelines, correct coding initiatives, standards of ethical coding and policies and procedures.
- May also code inpatient, observation and swing bed medical records as indicated.
- Assures appropriate documentation is available for complete and accurate coding.
- Queries provider or appropriate staff for coding clarification as required and obtains necessary documentation as indicated.
- Checks for medical necessity for required tests and codes based in documentation in the record.
- Verifies APC's.
- May perform coding audits on occasion.
- Works coding backlog reports as required to keep coding backlog to a minimum.