Status/Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Hartford, KY
For more information contact: Hilliary Edelen, email@example.com
- High school diploma or equivalency or higher in a related field
- 2 years relevant experience required
- Other Requirements:
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Job Description: Responsible for performing complex testing on a wide variety of tissue to produce high quality microscopic slides for diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains accurate and complete records for all histology testing, quality control, and results.
- Verifies accuracy of specimen identity and test order.
- Files all slides, and tissue blocks according to procedure.
- Maintains adequate supply inventories by rotating stock and checking for expiration dates.
- Prepares solutions and reagents in accordance with standard procedures.
- Transports and processes tissue specimen of embedding, staining, cover slipping, and labeling according to procedures.
- Performs frozen sections of specimens selected by physicians or pathologists.
- Assist in delivery of physician reports via phone or internal distribution in a timely manner. Copies and distributes pathology reports and mails out report copies and slides for consultation according to protocol.
- May perform grossing procedures once competency and training has been completed.
- Practices proper telephone techniques by identifying self, department, and directing calls and messages to correct destination.