Department: Behavioral Health
Status/Schedule: Full Time
For more information contact: Shelly Casteel, email@example.com
- Education: Masters and licensed as a therapist or counselor in the state of Kentucky.
- Experience: Preferred 2 years
- Addresses referrals from providers
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a comprehensive psychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical social work treatments and interventions.
- Interventions may include crisis intervention, brief and long-term individual, marital, family and/or group therapies as well as grief and bereavement work.
- Screen, identify, diagnose using DSM nomenclature, treat and manage mental health and/or substance abuse problems in patients and family members.
- May perform these functions independently or as part of a team.
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members including external partners.
- Assist with screening, identification, diagnosis, management and treatment of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc.
- Provide training to other health care professionals in same.
- Provide consultative services to health care team members within scope of care
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that have impact on patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse.
- Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient 's diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Conduct group and individual therapy sessions.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary healthcare teams and provide leadership in representing clinical social work perspective/liaison with patient and family.
- Provide teaching and training for students and staff.
- Contribute to the Outstanding Care Here mission of the health system by participating in community/organizational activities such as committees, conferences, publications, teaching and research.
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources.
- Knowledge of organization’s resources to access and provide for patient care needs.
- Ensures that medical record documentation protocols are complied with.
- Documents assessment, plan, interactions, and interventions.
- Ensures that patients’ progress notes are entered into the medical records on a timely basis and in accordance with organizational policies.
- Maintains records and statistics in accordance with organizational policies. documentation and scheduling in electronic health records.
- Attends and participates in staff, committee, department, and other administrative meetings.
- Participates in organization’s continuous quality improvement programs.
- Maintains current with social work and health care standards and developments and seeks to increase further enhancement of job-related knowledge.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibility; however, he or she may be expected to provide leadership and instruction to less experienced staff.
- All other duties as assigned.