Emergency Department Supervisor
Status/Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Primarily Dayshift but Varies
Posting Date: 04/21/2021
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Education: 4 year degree
- Experience: Preferred 5 years
- Additional Requirements: Licensed in the state of Kentucky as RN
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- The Supervisor of the Emergency Department will work in conjunction with the Acute Care Manager, Clinical Director and the CCNO to maintain 24-hour accountability for nursing services provided in the ED and ED admitting.
- This person will assist in setting objectives and containing costs within budgeted guidelines.
- They will establish and monitor work schedules and maintain staffing within budget.
- They will act as a liaison between staff and administration to assure open lines of communication in both directions.
- Along with the Acute Care Manager, responsible for the implementation of departmental policies and procedures in compliance with current standards of care and assures compliance with nursing standards of practice and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates the quality of nursing care provided as well as the competency and performance of individual staff members within assigned areas and submits required reports to Director of Clinical Services.
- Provides appropriate staff development and orientation to employees within assigned areas of practice.
- The department supervisor oversees OCH’s performance improvement efforts for emergency services.
- May be required to participate in counseling, disciplinary action, or termination processes of staff as directed by the Acute Care Manager, Director of Clinical Services, or Chief Clinical Nursing Officer.
- May assist the manager with other duties as directed.
- Must possess effective problem-solving techniques, use effective communications, and demonstrate effective leadership and decision making.