Emergency Department Supervisor
Status/Schedule: Full Time
Posting Date: 01/08/2021
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Education: 4 year degree
- Experience: Preferred 5 years
- Additional Requirements: Licensed in the state of Kentucky as RN
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- The Manager of the Emergency Department will work in conjunction with the Clinical Director and the CCO to maintain 24-hour accountability for nursing services provided in the ED and ED admitting.
- This person will assist in setting objectives and containing costs within budgeted guidelines.
- They will establish and monitor work schedules and maintain staffing within budget.
- They will act as a liaison between staff and administration to assure open lines of communication in both directions.
- Responsible for the implementation of departmental policies and procedures in compliance with current standards of care and assures compliance with nursing standards of practice and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates the quality of nursing care provided as well as the competency and performance of individual staff members within assigned areas and submits required reports to Director of Clinical Services.
- Provides appropriate staff development and orientation to employees within assigned areas of practice.
- The department supervisor oversees OCH’s performance improvement efforts for emergency services.
- May be required to participate in counseling, disciplinary action, or termination processes of staff as directed by Director of Clinical Services.
- May assist Director of Clinical Services with other duties as directed.
- Must possess effective problem-solving techniques, use effective communications, and demonstrate effective leadership and decision making.