IT--Jr System Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Status/Schedule: Full Time
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: High school diploma or GED. Certifications preferred but not required.
- Experience: Preferred at least 1-3 years of IT experience including advanced troubleshooting skills, experience with Microsoft services including Windows Server infrastructure and Office 365 capabilities including any experience with Microsoft Azure, and capable of handling different networking responsibilities. Experience with VMware is a plus.
- On-call rotation required, as well as possible weekend/evening work for projects or emergencies.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting on all systems within organization including workstations, servers, network equipment, and supported applications.
- Assist with support of Windows Servers including Active Directory and Group Policies, Office 365 tenant administration, and a VMware environment including the upgrading of systems, remediation of issues, and planning of changes.
- Utilize help desk to identify problems and assist help desk techs with open requests based on queue and addressing any problems impacting patient care quickly and completely.
- Ensure backups are consistently maintained and audited for disaster recovery needs, as well as monitor and configure any virus protection software.
- Provide quality service to everyone in organization with excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive attitude.
- Be willing to help as needed within department on different projects and tasks to best serve the organization.