RN--Hospice Salary (FT)
Status/Schedule: Full Time (2 Positions Available)
Shift: 10 days per month (40 hours of case management and 80 hours of call per pay period)
Posting Date: 05/21/2021
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Licensed by the Kentucky Board of Nursing as RN. BLS required.
- Experience: Completion of a Hospice Training Program or must obtain within the first year of service. Minimum of 1 year broad based nursing experience (i.e. Med-Surg). Hospice or home care experience preferred.
- Responsible for assessing and diagnosing nursing care needs for the Hospice patient in all age groups; for establishing the nursing outcomes for the Hospice visit; for prescribing, delegating, and supervising nursing care; for teaching each patient/family and evaluation each patient's response to nursing care and progress toward agreed upon outcomes.
- Collaboration with the caretaker, physicians, and other healthcare providers involved in the patient's care to modify the plan of care as needed.
- Provide support to care taker and other family members in care-taking responsibilities and through the grief process.
- Provide input to the Hospice Director regarding budget planning, developing departmental policies and procedures and nursing standards of care, as well as other duties as assigned.
- This position will also entail some administrative duties, supervising duties, as well as assist with coordination community events and volunteer efforts.