Department: Rehab Services
Status/Schedule: Full Time - Exempt
For more information contact: Judson Hunter, email@example.com
- Education: 4 year degree. Doctorate preferred.
- Experience: Preferred 1 year but not required.
- The Director of Rehab Services is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Athletic Training, Diabetic Education, Cardiac Rehab, Pulmonary Rehab.
- These responsibilities include monitoring personnel including recruitment and retention of staff, disciplinary actions as needed, employee development, performance evaluations, competency assessments, and development of new services as able.
- Financial functions include maintaining the charge master, control expenses and maintain budgetary constraints, completing weekly reports for financial variance and identify capital equipment needs.
- Compliance functions include monitoring all departmental functions in compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Any safety concerns will be reported to the appropriate person, performance improvement plans will be developed and carried out, and staff will be trained in their roles in the safety programs.
- The rehab director is also responsible for developing and maintaining contracts.
- The rehab director will market as needed to appropriate physician, nurse practitioner and clinics.
- The director will participate in hospital committees including but not limited to Department Managers, Patient Care Council, Environment of Care, Infection Control, etc. Finally, the rehab director will provide patient care as appropriate with their licensure designation to meet patient needs.
- The Rehab Director will be responsible for all of the above, along with other duties as assigned by the CEO.